Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
NOTE to Authors:
1. Only UNPUBLISHED and ORIGINAL articles should be submitted. Similarity Index should be more than 10% on plagiarism inspection.
2. AJHSE takes the issue of plagiarism very seriously. Therefore, only NON-PLAGIARISED articles should be submitted by authors. The AJHSE User Account of any author with two (2) manuscripts red-flagged for plagiarism within a Volume will be suspended, and such author will be barred from submitting to AJHSE for the next two (2) Volumes.
3. Authors must state clearly any Conflict of Interest.
4. Articles under review by other journals should not submitted to AJHSE and vice-versa
5. Submitted manuscripts must strictly comply with AJHSE Standard Manuscript (including Reference and Citation) Format (see below)
6. Corresponding author's unnecessary delays in communication is unacceptable.
7. Authors are required to contact the Editor-in-Chief directly as concerns the review of their article. They are to email the Manuscript Processing Unit using the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or track their manuscript(s) within the AJHSE Users Dashboard.
8. Corresponding authors should be the Primary Author of the article. If otherwise, Corresponding Authors should present a signed approval from the Primary author together with the manuscript during submission
Article Review Duration: 1-2months
Article Review Rounds: 2-3
AJHSE authors should be well informed that the Review Process will be very rigorous and thorough. Authors must provide a working email for speedy communication. Delays in authors' correspondence will not be entertained. AJHSE review process is double-blinded. All correspondence as regards manuscript review must follow the laid down channel of communication. Authors are to track the status of their manuscript(s) from the AJHSE User Portal after login or they are to a send a mail to email@example.com. The Review Process is in 3-Stages. Stage-1: A preliminarily review - will be done to ascertain whether the manuscript(s) is fit for Main Review and plagiarism check using Turnitin and other softwares. This is conducted within two weeks of submission and the corresponding author will be notified appropriately. Some manuscripts might be disqualified at this stage. Stage-2: Main Review - this is the standard review process; it will be rigorous and thorough with manuscripts moving back and forth severally (2-3rounds) until this stage is certified completed by atleast (3) reviewers (internal and external) responsible for the review of the article. Stage-3: Final Review - this will be done by the Editorial Board Members headed by the Chief Editor. At the tail end of this stage, the corresponding author will be notified of the Editorial Decision and Status of the Manuscript - Acceptance, Rejection or Recommendation for further work.
The African Journal of Health, Safety and Environment (AJHSE) is dedicated to protecting your personal information and will make every reasonable effort to handle collected information appropriately. All information collected will be handled with care in accordance with AJHSE’ standards for integrity and objectivity and respect for your privacy. AJHSE endeavors to comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the gathering and use of personal information, including but not limited to US privacy laws, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield etc. As used in this policy, “we” and “us” includes AJHSE and our staff, employees, officers, directors, volunteer editors and reviewers, and vendors and independent contractors under contract with us. “AJHSE Sites” includes the following: the web pages and content on the AJHSE websites, journal sites, and the tools, software, submission systems, web forms, registration system, and any other means through which we interact with you as AJHSE is committed to your privacy in the best possible ways.
AJHSE Publication Policies
All journal submissions are double blind, peer reviewed by members of the Editorial/Review Board. The Editors strives to maintain a high acceptance rate. The steps of the review process are as follows:
1. The journal Editor reviews papers for appropriateness, and uses a plagiarism verification tool to ensure the work has not been plagiarized.
2. The Editor sends out the manuscript to reviewers, without disclosing the identities of the authors or reviewers.
3. The review results may be sent to the Editorial Manager, who then reviews the reviewer's feedback to ensure the comments are relevant and non-discriminatory before sending the comments back to the authors.
4. The Reviewer feedback and Editor’s decision is sent to the authors without disclosing the identity of the Reviewers, and the Authors are instructed on what to do if they wish to revise and resubmit their papers.
5. Revised papers are sent back to the Editorial Manager who send the revised paper back to the original reviewers.
6. Feedback from the second round of reviews are processed the same way. In rare cases, authors are given a second chance to revise and resubmit their papers should they not be found acceptable after the first revision.
7. If accepted for journal publication, the authors are notified by the Editor and provided with instructions on how to submit their paper for publication. The authors are mandated to use a professional proofreading and copyediting service by any English editing company of their choice from ten (10) recommended certified editing service providers.
Publication Ethics Policy follows the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and PIE (Publication Integrity & Ethics) Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors, reviewers and authors. Here is a breakdown of the standards: Journals remain transparent and neutral to regions, religion, and should not discriminate based on the age, gender, race, and people that are physically challenged. We strictly abide by the review for publication ethics as recommended by the COPE and remain transparent in acknowledging the source while publishing the information on a collaborative mode.
Submitted manuscripts are the original work of the author(s), and that all contributing authors are listed and given credit. Manuscripts must not have been published nor under consideration by another journal concurrently. All sources of data used in the development of the manuscript are properly cited.
Manuscripts are reviewed based on the intellectual content of the paper without regard of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of author(s). Conflicts of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor. Manuscript information is kept confidential. Any concerns regarding the review of a manuscript are communicated to the Editor.
Manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper without regard of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of authors. Conflicts of interest pertaining to submitted manuscripts must be disclosed. Manuscript information is confidential. Publication decisions of submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement rest with the Editorial Board.
Right of Editors and Reviewers to Publish in Journals:
Editors and reviewers are allowed to publish their original research in the journals for which they review. If an Editor wishes to have a paper considered for publication, either the Co-Editor or Associate Editor take on the responsibility of sending that paper out for review. The review process for papers by Editors and Reviewers is the same as any other paper and no preference is given. A strict blind review process is maintained in all cases.
Retractions and Corrections:
Should any paper need to be removed or edited from a Journal that has already been published, that Journal will be updated accordingly and republished to the Journal’s website. Depending on the reason for the retraction or correction, the authors may be subject to republication reviews. If the correction stems from author error, a republication notice will be issued to the author. Corrections due to publisher error will be handled without republication reviews. Authors will be advised of any charges before any changes are made.
All journals will be made available to the public at no extra charge through the OJN website. Journals will also be listed in a number of prominent search engines (i.e. Google Scholar, EBSCO, Proquest, etc.). The aim is to make research openly accessible to foster the spread of knowledge and ideas to all those who may be interested, and to increase the visibility of authors’ research.
Decisions regarding advertising in a Journal are made by the Board of Directors. Advertising that may be suitable include, but are not limited to: Higher education institutions, research organizations, publishing companies, academic organizations, writing assistance and translation services, journal indexing companies, conference organizers, event coordinators and the like. Types of advertising currently accepted include image and text ads placed on the Journal website, as well as image and text ads included in the body of the Journal itself.
All authors of accepted manuscripts warrant that the manuscript is original and has not been submitted for publication or published elsewhere. All of the authors further warrant that, where necessary, they have obtained necessary releases from companies or individuals involved in or with the manuscript. All authors further warrant that the undersigned are the sole authors of this work. All authors hereby authorize AJHSE to publish the manuscript under open access. The right to make the manuscript and the journal in which it is published available to databases, or distributors which might be involved in disseminating manuscripts or journals to various audiences.